Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

First pictures of WWOHP extension ! Diagon Alley will open July 8th!!

chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in General
The first construction photos of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion at Universal Orlando Resorts, set to open in 2014 and strongly rumored to contain Diagon Alley, and King's Cross Station in London, have been released online. Featured in them are construction pieces for St. Pancras Station at King's Cross, which will be supposedly used for the London train station area for the Hogwarts Express that will bridge both parts of the Wizarding World theme park - in Island of Adventures and Universal Studios - in the coming years. Those images, courtesy of fan Disneyhead at Orlando United forums, can be found below.

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/first-images-of-hogwarts-express-set-construction-at-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-90191/
imageimageimage
Post edited by UniversHarryPotter.c on

Comments

• Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, of course. These are brilliant pictures. :P

Lord Stafford.
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :O :O
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The new layout.

Lord Stafford.
  • Wolf_PotterWolf_Potter Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭✭
    Guys! Do you know exactly the opening day of this expansion?
    Probably Summer 2014.

Lord Stafford.
    Probably Summer 2014.

Lord Stafford.
    Great. I hope this opens in summer.
    My family is planning a trip to Orlando again. But I told'em to wait for the expansion hehe!
    I'm going next year, which sucks. Because, to an extent, I should now go in 2014, instead. Maybe both. :P

Lord Stafford.
    After college I might go.Unless I go to Proper Med xD
    imageimage
    imageimage
    I'm going next year, which sucks. Because, to an extent, I should now go in 2014, instead. Maybe both. :P

Lord Stafford.
    Man, you will love it! Even if it's not expanded. It doesn't suck :p
    Haha you have to gooo!! :)
    Haha you have to gooo!! :)
    I will someday :)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    I wonder when Universal will make an official announcement.
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)

Lord Stafford.
    Man, you will love it! Even if it's not expanded. It doesn't suck :p
    True, but still. I don't want to go, and then find out that next year, it will get even bigger and better. I will, but if didn't know about the expansion already, I wouldn't.

Lord Stafford.
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm finally going next year, but I'll probably be able to go again when the extension opens because I'll already be in college, living in Brasília and my father will be already retired and getting high paychecks :P

• chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "While we wait for Universal Orlando to announce the Diagon Alley expansion for The Wizarding World (it’s taking them a while), a trusted member of the theme park community is hinting at what’s to come.

WDWMagic forum member WhyLightBulb, a reputable source, had this to say about the Gringotts ride which’ll be the major attraction in Diagon Alley: “Gringott’s will be an amazing ride. The ride system itself will break new ground and the show elements will be a wonder to behold. There will be plenty of envirnmental effects, 3-D sets and next generation projection effects. It will be better than FJ in my opinion.”

Hypable has independently heard from a source who has seen the plans and calls the working Hogwarts Express and Diagon Alley “amazing.”

We’re anxious to hear Universal announce the project and will of course bring you the news as soon as it breaks."

http://www.hypable.com/2012/07/19/gringotts-ride-at-wizarding-worlds-new-diagon-alley-land-to-break-new-ground-and-be-a-wonder-to-behold/
    imageimageimage
  • TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's all start saving money now and we'll meet up the day it opens!
  • SarahElizabeth!SarahElizabeth! Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭✭
    I want to go! Ahh! I can't wait until I get the opportunity!

Some pages on Facebook have people from other countries (England in particular) complaining way too much about it being here in America. "Well Americans can go whenever they want. Blah blah. We have to get on a plane and go overseas. More money blah blah blah. It should have been here. Harry Potter is from here. Blah blah."
    So what? America had the best availability for a theme park at the time. I'd either have to drive for over a day or spend money on a plane too!

Had to vent. Sorry. It just annoys me.
    Photobucket
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    America is not just United States. What about Latinamerica?
    SOUTH AMERICA :D
    image image image
    The closest to me would be the one in Japan.I'm wondering if they're putting Gringotts on it...
    imageimage
    imageimage

America is not just United States. What about Latinamerica?

Yes. I know that, obviously.

"The United States of America (commonly called the United States, the U.S., the USA, America, and the States)"

Photobucket
  • echomagic650echomagic650 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    I have been wanting to go back, and actually 2014 will be perfect, because that's the summer after I graduate high school, so I would be able to convince people that it would be a good present for me to go. Heck, the first time I got to go it was just because I had graduated middle school.

Whenever I get to go, it will be a great experience, if only because it is Harry Potter.
    "That wand's more trouble than it's worth," said Harry. "And quite honestly," he turned away from the painted portraits, thinking now only of the four-poster bed lying waiting for him in Gryffindor Tower, and wondering whether Kreacher might bring him a sandwich there, "I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."
    -Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, page 749

"Whether you come back by page, or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home” - J.K. Rowling
    edited July 2012
    A sketch has been revealed:

"Using filing permits already submitted by Universal to the City of Orlando, a theme park enthusiast and artist came up with a detailed rendering of what Universal Orlando’s upcoming Diagon Alley expansion may look like.

Credit goes to Violarum in the OrlandoUnited forums for working up this impressive piece.

Good fans know that Universal is secretly working on Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida, the neighbor of Islands of Adventure (where The Wizarding World opened in 2010). It has yet to announce the project other than saying that it is indeed creating an expansion.

A working Hogwarts Express will connect The Wizarding World with Diagon Alley. Rumored attractions include an indoor Gringotts roller coaster, The Leaky Cauldron, and Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes."

http://www.hypable.com/2012/07/26/is-this-what-wizarding-worlds-diagon-alley-expansion-will-look-like-artist-creates-beautiful-rendering/
    imageimageimage
    Beautiful! Thanks for posting buddy :D
    image image image
  • Potter35Potter35 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Eeee good.
    So you have to pay for both??
    Photobucket
    Pictures of construction of what is rumored to be the Hogwarts's Express:
    imageimageimage
  • UniversHarryPotter.cUniversHarryPotter.c Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭
    we didn't really see something but it's quite exciting
    imageimage
    I heard Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express. What else may there be?
    Photobucket
    I think that's it, just Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express. And many shops ofcourse.
    imageimageimage
    I'm excited. So are they going to move Ollivander's to Diagon Alley? It makes sense.
    Photobucket
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express. What else may there be?

I believe the popular theory is basically that. Diagon Alley with the Leaky Cauldron as the main restaurant and Gringotts as the main ride (in this section of the park). I bet there will be a little King's Cross/Platform 9 3/4 where people get on the Hogwarts Express.
    Yes. I remember the Gringotts ride now! I hope it is kind of like the movie.
    I think all of this will really contribute.

Do you think they will take out the Mini-Hogwarts Express they have now?
    Photobucket
    It's a distinct possibility. But we can't be sure.
    "That wand's more trouble than it's worth," said Harry. "And quite honestly," he turned away from the painted portraits, thinking now only of the four-poster bed lying waiting for him in Gryffindor Tower, and wondering whether Kreacher might bring him a sandwich there, "I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."

"Whether you come back by page, or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home” - J.K. Rowling
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    I want pics of the wwohp in hollywood >>
    There's one in Hollywood?

There will be in 2015
    Coolio. I can't wait to go!

Neither can I! Eeeeek!!
    edited August 2012
    So in the future there will be:

-A theme park in Japan
    -A theme park in LA
    -An extension of the current theme park

And still, most of the people in my county are still thinking Potter was just a hype.
    Post edited by chester on
    imageimageimage
    When did construction for wwohp in florida begin?
    In January 2008.
    imageimageimage
    So then construction for the hollywood wwoho will definitely begin in 2013 I hope.
    Harry Otter, ay? (:
    Photobucket
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    They should just build another Ollivander's in Diagon Alley. They're going to be needing multiple wand shops as the park expands and becomes even more crowded.
    imageimageimage
  • Damn. It's going to be huge, guys!
    image image image
    I hope I'll go there soon!
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Holy mother!