Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2014) Official Thread

Comments

• KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CONCEPT ART:

• yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great!
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool. :)
    Karen Gillan is a villain!
    According to THR, Karen Gillan is joining the cast of Marvel’s upcoming superhero flick “Guardians of the Galaxy.”

Gillan will play the film’s lead villainess. She joins Lee Pace and Michael Rooker who are also playing bad guys.

The film stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Glenn Close and Ophelia Lovibond.

James Gunn is on directing duties and he begins shooting late June. It will be released in 2014.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    Dave Bautista! :o I had no idea he'd be in this. Wow!
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is playing Drax the Destroyer.

Lord Stafford.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    Amy Pond is the villian! SO EXCITED
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Benicio Del Toro has joined the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy

He is said to be playing"a character that is built to be part of future Marvel films, which means he has signed a deal with options that put him into multiple movies."

Could it be Thanos?

Lord Stafford.
    Awesome!
    Benicio Del Toro will be playing Taneleer Tivan, better known as The Collector.

Lord Stafford.
    James Gunn ‏@JamesGunn 13h
    I've just hired a new gaffer for the shoot. Chewing on wires is good, right?

I could see him as that character :D

imageimage
    imageimage
    awesome!! can,t wait.
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprise! Surprise! Marvel wants to release even more movies!:

Marvel has announced another untitled film to be slotted into its long-term release schedule, the third such project pencilled in for 2016 and 2017.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/marvel-schedules-untitled-film-for-release-in-2016
    imageimageimage
    oh dear god this is getting ridiculus. people will eventually get tired of all the super hero movies.
    I'm getting the impression they are slowly getting tired already.
    imageimageimage
    well lets hope they get tired faster theres seriously already over saturation of the super hero market and Im already sick of it.
    There's definitely an over saturation of their superheroes. That's why i hope Man Of Steel will be different when i watch it this weekend.
    imageimageimage
    im specifically talking about marvel oversaturation. ive lost count of all the new releases they have in just the next 2 years.
    Nick said:

im specifically talking about marvel oversaturation. ive lost count of all the new releases they have in just the next 2 years.

Definitely, but i don't have the same feeling with their spider-man movies.
    imageimageimage
    blah. I only like the Amazing Spiderman and I can't wait for the Wolverine actually. I love the Wolverine
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    chester said:

Marvel has announced another untitled film to be slotted into its long-term release schedule, the third such project pencilled in for 2016 and 2017.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/marvel-schedules-untitled-film-for-release-in-2016

I honestly think this is going to ruin the Superhero genre...people are going to get so burnt out so quick.

WB has had the right idea with their movies. HP every year or every other year. A DC Comics movie every year or every other year. Two Trilogies of Tolkien movies released one year apart. This doesn't oversaturate the market with fantasy worlds and characters.

I think this is going to end up being really bad. Disney and Marvel are now overstaying their welcome dipping into some incredibly obscure and hard to identify with heroes and villains. In my opinion I think this is going to kill the genre.

When you think about what's upcoming, you have a Fleet of flying Starfish, a gun toting raccoon, a giant talking tree, a Dracula looking Magician, and of course, Ant Man...these are going to be so incredibly hard for the audience to identify with. Hopefully they go for something character driven instead of story driven or else these could fall flat on their faces.

When you think about the conversation Lucas and Spielberg had about the movie industry evolving and changing this is a great area to think to. I just don't forsee many superhero movies after this insane dump of Characters upon the audience in such a short span of time.
  • fawke83fawke83 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    RyGuy said:

chester said:

I honestly think this is going to ruin the Superhero genre...people are going to get so burnt out so quick.

WB has had the right idea with their movies. HP every year or every other year. A DC Comics movie every year or every other year. Two Trilogies of Tolkien movies released one year apart. This doesn't oversaturate the market with fantasy worlds and characters.

I think this is going to end up being really bad. Disney and Marvel are now overstaying their welcome dipping into some incredibly obscure and hard to identify with heroes and villains. In my opinion I think this is going to kill the genre.

When you think about what's upcoming, you have a Fleet of flying Starfish, a gun toting raccoon, a giant talking tree, a Dracula looking Magician, and of course, Ant Man...these are going to be so incredibly hard for the audience to identify with. Hopefully they go for something character driven instead of story driven or else these could fall flat on their faces.

When you think about the conversation Lucas and Spielberg had about the movie industry evolving and changing this is a great area to think to. I just don't forsee many superhero movies after this insane dump of Characters upon the audience in such a short span of time.
    But that's a subjective point to analise this. After all, we could say the same five years ago: who could sympathize with a nordic God, or a scientist who transforms into a beast? Even so, many people enjoyed Thor, and Hulk stealed the show in Avengers. If you think rationally, it is two superhero movies a year, in a sea of a bunch of blockbusters. I don't find that exaggerated, sincerely.

Besides, it is different stories, different takes. In 2014, we're gonna see a supposed super-powered soldier fighting a conspiracy (if rumors point to the right stuff) in a "political thriller" (Captain America 2), and see a group of space guys in a possibly "Star Wars-esque" adventure, involving racoons, talking trees, alien fighters, and who knows what else. That's what I'm talking about, superhero movies can be here and there and not oversaturate the market, as long as they feel fresh, and not like "a repetition of what I've seen months ago". I rather have two of these Marvel movies, with different superheroes and concepts, than to have blockbusters like Battleship taking their spots.

And, you may find it a "hard concept" for audience to swallow, but I never read a single "Guardians of the Galaxy" comic, and I'm dying to see this movie. The quirkiness and riskiness of the idea is what makes it so appealing for me, besides the excellent cast, and I don't believe Marvel would put this in front of many fan-favorite Marvel franchises (Black Panther, Doctor Strange), if they didn't believe they had a good material to work on there. Director and writer James Gunn say that Rocket Racoon and Groot (the two most strange ones) are the heart of the story, and I firmly believe they can connect to the audience, when the time comes.
    Quaalude fight: because drunk fight is too mainstream.
    Rumoured characters for the villains:

Karen Gillan as Nebula

Lee Pace as Ronan the Accuser

imageimage
    imageimage
    BENICIO DEL TORO AND KAREN GILLAN HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED AT COMIC-CON FOR THE ROLES OF THE COLLECTOR AND NEBULA.

Live news here: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/79780736.html
    Damn it, poor Karen Gillan. Shaving her head and stuff for Nebula. D:

Holy shit.
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    :( I loved her hair.
    AVENGERS 2: AGE OF ULTRON.

NUFF SAID.
    Please, someone create the thread for the movie, just for awesomeness sake.
    fawke83 said:

Please, someone create the thread for the movie, just for awesomeness sake.

Done.
    Thanks man. o/
    Her awesome hair ;(
    imageimage
    imageimage
    New art of the Guardians:

Gamora/Zoe looking sexy.
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Lord Stafford.
    Some of the footage leaked...and part of it looked great...then part of it looked goofy as hell. WHY IN THE WORLD DID THEY USE A REMIX OF DAVID HASSLEHOFF'S HOOKED ON A FEELING?! loooool

but heres some of the footage if your curious

Guardians of the Galaxy is currently being filmed in London, England. Here is a video, along with plenty of set pictures:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/guardians_of_the_galaxy/news/?a=85213
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=85219
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=85234

Yes, this is the Millennium Bridge, seen in HBP.

Lord Stafford.
    I reuploaded it. Did some modifications.

Photobucket

Photobucket
  • AllStar87AllStar87 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Ryguy. It looked really cool and then I heard John C. Reilly's voice/song and it immediately took away from the awesome for me. I hope it doesn't try to hard to be a comedy.
    AllStar87 said:

I agree with Ryguy. It looked really cool and then I heard John C. Reilly's voice/song and it immediately took away from the awesome for me. I hope it doesn't try to hard to be a comedy.

it sounds so strange...his reading was bad for the line. The music is incredibly awkward...what the hell does a song like that have to do with the movie you know. It's strange. Like a lot of the effects look good. Personally I wasnt a fan of Rocket Raccoon. My fears of how this wont be accepted by the general audiences besides comic book nerds, havent been resolved. In fact some of this has made it more evident. I just hope that feeling ends up being false. This is the one Marvel movie I realy really want to see succeed.
  • JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks reallybad.....imo
    People talking about a film that it's currently being filmed, and that people saw a small preview of a scene without finished FX, and score.
    Guys, it is supposed to have a dark humor, the song enters into that aspect.

And I stand by the fact that Guardians of the Galaxy is a very underdog comic book. So, I don't think Marvel would've pulled them out, before a lot of beloved characters such as Dr. Strange and Black Panther, as the next possible franchise of the Marvelverse, if they didn't had good material in their hands.

Still betting this will not only be the surprise of 2014, but the best film of Phase 2 (excluding Avengers Age of Ultron).

People talking about a film that it's currently being filmed, and that people saw a small preview of a scene without finished FX, and score.

Definitely agree with this. Only time will tell how this movie ends up being and looking at the section of the leaked trailer and even in low def camera footage it looks nice. The things that bug me are the crappy Hasslehoff song and John C Reily's line reading.
    fawke83 said:

Guys, it is supposed to have a dark humor, the song enters into that aspect.

And I stand by the fact that Guardians of the Galaxy is a very underdog comic book. So, I don't think Marvel would've pulled them out, before a lot of beloved characters such as Dr. Strange and Black Panther, as the next possible franchise of the Marvelverse, if they didn't had good material in their hands.

Still betting this will not only be the surprise of 2014, but the best film of Phase 2 (excluding Avengers Age of Ultron).

I'm going to have to disagree with the song channelling dark humor. It's a genuinely shit song that honestly made no sense to add to the trailer. Just my opinion though. It would be the same if you add I believe I can fly by William Hung, or a Rick Roll song. It's just awkward to me.

I definitely agree with that. I hope the script is good because as I said before this is the one Marvel movie I hope is very good. I like the stories, the characters ( minus raccoon) and the people creating it are very creative so it's going to be interesting to see what end up being created.