Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

BANNED from the bestseller list!

takingxoverxmetakingxoverxme Posts: 1
edited July 2007 in Books
Harry Potter has been banned from The New York Times Bestseller List. Even though the book will probably break both the single day and one week sales record, it will not be on the list.
The reason is that the decision has been made to count Harry Potter as a children's book.

Sign the petition to get Harry Potter on the Bestseller list.

http://www.petitiononline.com/potter7/petition.html

Comments

• julienjulien Posts: 10
    wow. seriously, that's sad. after all this, after HP basically transforms the landscape of books forever, they do some underhanded stuff like this. terrible.
  • abineshabinesh Posts: 84
    man... thats sad....
  • whitemomowhitemomo Posts: 47
    Harry Potter a children book? Perhaps it was a children book when JK Rowling first wrote Harry Potter and Philosopher's Stone, but seeing how the story has evolved until now, it's not a children reading anymore although that does not deny the fact that many children like it still.
  • julienjulien Posts: 10
    it looks like it's appearing normally on Amazon. in fact, it's sold so much that it's brought every other HP book (1-6) back into the bestseller list! :)
  • thats rubish, most the people i know who read the book are adultts! and if you look at book shops its never EVER see the book in the 'childerens' section!
  • whitemomowhitemomo Posts: 47
    Yeah with all the snogging frenzy happening in the last two books, we can expect that children are still the target market :P
  • Well that is really bummer...But I think that the book as it readers grow up....And the book follows an generation. The movies are also getting less for children and more for adults
  • abineshabinesh Posts: 84
    edited July 2007
    very true.. especially the last 2 parts filled with plentiful snogging.. did ppl still include those in chidren's section.? lol
  • Abinesh-Yeah, but its sad it isnt on the bestsellers.
  • mariaclaramariaclara Posts: 45
    I can't believe this...ugh
  • i think that the first three or four are kids books but the fifth sixth and seventh are more adult books
  • hp4gwhp4gw Posts: 379
    no! harry potter is not a kiddies book
    harry potter is the best book ever!
    with the exception of pride and prejudice - even though it is annoying - of course
  • also in the 7th book aberthorth says bastard and so does ron,hermione says arse and molly calls bella a bitch just before she kills her
  • Person who did it is FOOL!!!!
    HP IS THE BEST 4EVER!
  • Harry Potter is too awesome to be on a bestseller list... XD
  • MattCatMattCat Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    What is with all the thread necromancy?
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    It's NEW SPAWN!
    imageimageimage
  • darthorcruxdarthorcrux Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭
    Harry Potter has its own list. The best books ever list.
  • K3chocolateK3chocolate Posts: 217 ✭✭
    I tried signing the petition on my phone browser and it just has the loading circle in the middle of the screen and it doesn't go anywhere :/ I'll try again on my computer I guess
  • XWingardium_LeviosaXXWingardium_LeviosaX Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    That's probably because the link is about 5 years old.
    Haha I didn't even look at the date of the first post! Oops! This thread was on the first page of the Recent Discussions, so I clicked it. Did they ever take the ban off?
  • XWingardium_LeviosaXXWingardium_LeviosaX Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    That's a very good question, but I don't think they did :'(
    :( that really sucks if they didn't @xwingardium_leviosax because it's one of the best series EVER. So unfair.
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    Thinking of making a new thread called Banned Book Reviews. It's going to be like a PG-13 version of Reading Rainbow. Thoughts?

Yes! Do it! I want to know what other books out there are banned and for what reasons @rustybones
  • PocusPowerPocusPower Posts: 4
    That's pretty asinine... :( It doesn't detract from the success of the series though.
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Dude, this thread a year and a half ago. Please don't start reviving dead threads from waaay back on this site.